Sunday, 14 April 2013

Swish swish!

The sun is shining and it is a very welcome 18C here today!

I finally got round to finishing off my first little collaged mermaid ... here she is in all her blue glory!  What you can't see is that she has a final coating of shimmery blue watercolour over her scales, and her crown is made from sparkly stickles ... I think she's cute :0


I'm also doing another course that the moment. The wonderfully inspirational Jeanne Oliver is running an amazing 4 week course called The Journey of Letting Go.  The first week has been very special!  Uplifting discussion videos from Jeanne along with loads of arty gorgeous goodness!  Amongst other things, I made a coptic bound journal from watercolour paper and canvas for the cover.  This was a tricky little bugger, taking three attempts to actually get it right (*note to self* don't attempt coptic binding at midnight!), and clearly my technique needs some work, but I love it! I went large for this one, the journal is A4 sized.


Happy Sunday! Hope the sun is shining where you are :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are keep at the Mermaid course Suzie - she is very beautiful indeed. Love all the collage elements you have used.

    ooo book binding that does look complicated but you've done a great job. Can't wait to see what you put inside it.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments - always appreciated! :) x